How will you go beyond the walls of your classroom this year?
Global Virtual Classroom provides teachers and students across the globe with amazing opportunities and resources to collaborate, work together, and learn from each other. My longtime friend and mentor, Janet Barnstable, has been the program manager for Global Virtual Classroom for several years and I highly recommend working with Janet and the GVC team. You can participate in the Web Design Contest or the GVC Clubhouse if you are interested in extending the walls of your classroom this year.
The Web Design Contest
GVC also participates yearly in GlobalDreamers Peace and Holocaust Remembrance projects. There is also the opportunity for postal mail with schools in Kenya who do not have sufficient Internet access for online collaborations.
The Global Virtual Classroom Clubhouse invites you to join projects and learn about other students and places around the world. Join the wiki and get started!
As an additional feature this year, we have added a Skype chat group called: GVCclubhouse.
Here are some of the ongoing projects:
- Literature Corner – Original stories and poems as well as book reviews recommending books to other students.
- International Recipes – Students and teachers from around the globe contribute recipes for favorite dishes.
- Regions – Tell us about where you live; read about other parts of the world.
- Great Men & Women – Who are the great thinkers and changers of society?
- HandMade – What things are made by hand by people in your country?
Reach out and join us this school year!
Founder & President
GVC Program Manager
GlobalDreamers is a project created originally by Marsha Goren, Israel, who also runs the “Teaching for Life” Wiki with worksheets for teachers of English as a foreign language.
Global Virtual Classroom is sponsored by Give Something Back International, Florida, USA.