Summer is the time of year when teachers can enjoy a break from the the highly scheduled daily routines of the school year. It’s also a great time for teachers to engage in professional development to keep up with the challenges of our rapidly changing educational environment and connect with others to build a PLN.
I am fortunate and excited to be able to offer a variety of professional development experiences this summer to help teachers embrace change and adjust to the instructional shifts that will ultimately help our students develop the 21st Century Skills necessary for success.
My Professional Development Goals
- Use free and user friendly digital tools to transform learning.
- Explore, connect with others, and learn together through constructive play as you build a personal learning network.
- Align learning experiences to the Common Core .
- Shift instructional practices to focus on student centered collaborative learning that engages students in the 4 C’s.
- Maximize instructional time.
- Model digital citizenship.
- Effectively differentiate and manage the student-centered classroom.