Today I am pleased announce the launch of the ThingLink App Smash Challenge! #TLAppSmash. This mini version of the ThingLink Teacher Challenge #TLChallenge is designed to inspire, build excitement, share ideas and learn. Most importantly, it is designed to fit within a busy teacher’s schedule during the month of November.
The series of posts will be published on the ThingLink Blog.
About the ThingLink App Smash Challenge
App Smashing is a popular method of combining two or more apps together to create, publish and share content. App Smashing challenges us to discover new possibilities for teaching and learning with an iPad and presents us with greater possibilities for making the device meet our goals. ThingLink is well suited for for powering any App Smash because of the presentation possibilities for turning any image into a rich multimedia content launcher. Join the talented members of the ThingLink EDU community and use ThingLink to smash some apps. #TLAppSmash
In this activity you will
- Use ThingLink as a presentation tool to demonstrate how to combine the functionality of two or more apps to create, publish and share content. #AppSmash
Explore the ThingLink App Smash Channel and Touch the interactive images that inspire you.
- Promote through social media. #TLAppSmash
Interactive images with the most Touches will be invited to share during our Interactive App Smash in early December.
In this activity you will grab an iPad and explore ways to combine the best features of two or more of your favorite apps to help students create, publish and share content. You will create an original App Smash image, or poster, then upload it to ThingLink. Use Rich-Media Tags to present your ideas.
The iPad is a popular tool in classrooms today, but many apps are limited in functionality. As teachers become more comfortable with technology use they can begin to invent new ways to use the devices for learning. App Smashing allows us to combine the best features of our favorite apps to facilitate student driven learning experiences through creativity, sharing and publishing.
This examples uses the built-in web browser and recording features in Explain Everything to create a narrated guided tour of a ThingLink interactive image. The resulting video was published on YouTube and embedded back on the ThingLink image through a Rich Media Tag. Explore this interactive image to learn more about this ThingLink App Smash.
Create Your Own ThingLink App Smash
Steps at a Glance
Explore the channel of interactive directions below for tutorials and more.
- Create an original #AppSmash image poster.
- Upload the image to ThingLink.
- Tag the image with Rich Media tags, text, or links to present your ideas.
- Remember to add a tag with your name on your image.
- Remember to add a Twitter Tag and other social media icons.
- Submit your image to the ThingLink App Smash Challenge.
- Explore the ThingLink App Smash Channel and touch your favorite App Smash entries throughout the month.
- Stay tuned to see who will be invited to share during our Interactive App Smash webinar in early December
Explore Channel of App Smash Examples
The examples in the channel below were created by ThingLink Expert Educators. Interactive images submitted for the App Smash Challenge will be added to this channel. Get inspired and connect!
Additional Help and Support
Submit a ThingLink App Smash