Today ThingLink is pleased to announce verified accounts for school districts along with the release of an updated iOS app that is well suited for educational use, making ThingLink EDU better than ever for teaching and learning!
Benefits of Verified District Accounts
A verified organization on ThingLink EDU serves three goals. First, verification is used to establish authenticity of an organization. Once this is done, the organization gets an invitation code that can be used to easily invite staff and students to ThingLink EDU. A verified organization account will be equipped with a dashboard to easily manage teachers, students, and groups. Third, a verified organization account gives schools and districts easy access to all of the ThingLink resources created by teachers and students across the district. These features make it easier than ever for teachers and students to create, share and curate multimedia rich content with ThingLink. Request a verified status for your organization by sending an email to email@example.com.
ThingLink iOS app Updated for Education
Explore this slideshow channel of interactive image to learn how ThingLink can be used on a fieldtrip on a mobile device without wireless. Be sure to click the arrow to advance to the next image to see how students can extend the learning at school and at home, using whatever device is handy at the moment.
About ThingLink for Education
Explore this guided, student driven learning project ,powered by ThingLink and Google Apps, to view the possibilities that exist for teaching and learning with ThingLink EDU.
ThingLink Keeps Getting Better
- Signup has become simpler with the addition of the Google Appls for Education login
- Teachers have the ability to create accounts for students without email.
- District and teacher level management provide teachers with the tools to efficiently manage the ThingLink Classroom.
- Students and teachers can now create slideshow channels of related interactive images to share work, curate content or maintain interactive learning portfolios.
- The original black icon is now one of many colorful icons that include several icons designed for education.
- Teachers with premium accounts have the ability to create their own custom icon sets!
- The app for iOS and Android makes it easier than ever to use ThingLink on a mobile device, with or without wireless.
- ThingLink for Video provides teachers and students with the ability to annotate a video and turn it into a personalized, interactive learning tool.