With just a few short days until the official launch of the 2nd ThingLink Summer Teacher Challenge, I am pleased to announce that nearly 200 educators from 18 countries have signed up to participate. This will be a great opportunity to build our personal learning networks globally and grow as educators as we create and share a useful set of resources. Use of an EDU Premium, district level organization account will streamline the collaboration as we share a full featured workspace.
Explore Our Participant Map
About the ThingLink Summer Teacher Challenge
The ThingLink Summer Teacher Challenge is a free, self-paced, online professional development opportunity designed to help teachers explore the powerful possibilities of using ThingLink for teaching and learning. This 5 week challenge invites teachers to have fun learning to use interactive images, slideshow channels and interactive video to power up your pedagogy and redefine learning in the classroom.
Throughout the challenge, we will use the ThingLink flexible suite of interactive tools for schools to create media rich, customized resources for use in your classroom. The weekly challenge activities are designed to be beneficial to educators who are new to ThingLink and also to experienced users. We will explore all the flexible features of ThingLink and discover the tremendous potential for using this amazing tool.
ThingLink Summer Teacher Challenge at a Glance
- Week 1: Design Your Digital SelfGet started with ThingLink, a very useful activity to get you and your students started
- Week 2: Curate Incredible ContentDiscover, collect, reuse and remix the work of others.
- Week 3: Explore ThingLink UnPluggedExplore learning on the go with a mobile device without wireless access.
- Week 4: Design an Interactive Collaborative Student Project Learn to combine ThingLink with the power of Google Docs to create engaging learning experiences.
- Week 5: Flip It with ThingLink for VideoLearn to create interactive video and include it in a slideshow channel.
Week 1 will begin on June 28th. Entries will be accepted until mid August.
There is still time to join us on this self-paced global learning adventure. The Teacher Challenge official launches on June 28, 2015.
Interested participants can sign up through the quick and simple form. This will allow us to share the invite code so you can join our district organization group and access our shared workspace. This will also give you access to a ThingLink EDU Premium trial, only available through this challenge. We will also send a reminder to your inbox to remind you about the launch on June 28th.
We hope you will join us for this fun filled and exciting, self-paced professional learning opportunity designed for busy teachers like us. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.