I’ve created a poster to highlight the interactive images shared during my poster and playground sessions at ISTE. I hope this poster will be helpful for helping all of the amazing educators I spoke with to quickly access the resources.
Would you like to improve your students’ writing skills and help them bridge the gap between writing in school and writing in the real world? Learn how to leverage the power of Google Docs to help students write better and more frequently than with pencil and paper.
Join me and Infinitec as we explore ways to thoughtfully incorporate digital writing into the curriculum by utilizing the latest Google Docs features and writing supports.
Hot Topics to Explore
- Built-in research tool
- Integrated writing tools
- Opportunities to include digital citizenship
- Differentiation through classroom management
Explore Interactive Graphic
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:00 PM CST
|Badge – I Teach Above the Line|
Class Badges is a free online tool designed to help teachers use digital badges as rewards for accomplishing learning goals. The badges can be a useful tool for teachers to keep track of individual student accomplishments as they help learners focus on making progress.
I really like Class Badges because the badges serve as a useful reminder for teachers to work with students on an individual level to set goals and assess progress. If used appropriately, they can improve students’ self-esteem as they work towards attainable goals. I believe this tool that can help teachers get a little closer to a 1-1 learning environment.
|Click to View|
A Playlist to Guide the Learning
Uses in the Classroom:
- Work with individual students and their parents to identify their own specific attainable goals and create a Google Doc for reflection and progress monitoring. Use comments to provide students with feedback.
- Attach badges to your grading rubrics and hold regular mini-conferences with students at checkpoints as they work towards completion of the assignment to increase their motivation to take their learning to the next level.
- Reinforce positive behavior and increase students’ self-awareness by focusing on badges designed to reward students for demonstrating specific behaviors that might be useful to increase instructional time. For example: Reward time on task or organizational skills.
- Make sure the badges are designed to encourage self-improvement rather than competition among students in the class.
Get Started with ClassBadges
Teachers can request a free account to generate a class code for students. Just add your students and design your badges. Try it yourself at ClassBadges.com
|Flexible Learning Paths|
The key to successful technology integration is the efficient use of digital tools tools that are appropriate for the task. Technology provides us all with the ability to develop our own toolkit of flexible resources for use when needed. Here is a toolkit I assembled that is filled with tools I frequently use for designing flexible student-driven learning experiences. Starting with a good toolkit is essential.
“Computer science is having a
revolutionary impact on scientific research and discovery. Simply put, it is nearly impossible to do scholarly research in any scientific or engineering discipline without an ability to think computationally. The impact of computing extends far beyond science, however, affecting all aspects of our lives. To flourish in today’s world, everyone needs computational thinking.”
Please enjoy this video, shared by +Paula Naugle
Design Your Digital Self – Promoting Digital Literacy
An activity intended for all
|My Digital Self – blogmaster|
1. Create Your Avatar. Save it as a .jpg for later use.
2. Sign up or log in to ThingLink
|Log In or Sign Up|
3. Upload your avatar to ThingLink.
4. Create links to Design your Digital Self.
- your blog or website
- your favorite video
- your favorite app
- your favorite place to go
- something unique
- something you created
- a good quote
- anything that defines your digital self
5. Turn in Your Digital Self and Earn a Badge
As you discover new tools, continue to create links to define your digital self.
Set a Goal and Earn a Badge! It’s simple.
In an attempt to promote digital literacy and contribute positively to implementation of the Common Core I am pleased to introduce Beye Badges.